This year’s Summer Reading Challenge is for EVERYONE—including adults!
Sign-up starts on Monday, June 5. You can register at the library, at several outreach events, or below starting June 5.
*Summer Reading Challenge Registration Form*
Este año, el Desafío de lectura de verano es para TODOS, incluyendo a los adultos.
El lunes 5 de junio comienza el concurso. Usted puede inscribirse en la biblioteca, en varios eventos de divulgación, o a continuación a partir del 5 de junio.
*Formulario de registro de desafío de leer de verano*
How it Works
1) First, SIGN UP for Summer Reading using the link above.
2) Then, complete activities on our challenge map (for kids, teens or adults), available as pdfs (8 1/2 x 14") below (on the right) and in print form at the library. Starting at home plate, move around the bases, completing the challenges as you go. If you finish a challenge out of order, no stress! Go ahead and check it off. Feel free to substitute reading/listening to a book for 20 min for any challenge!
3) When you get to a base, come to the library to get a limited edition Summer Reading button (with art designed by local artist Rocky Casillas)!
4) When you reach Home Plate, come to the library for your final button and a raffle ticket into our grand prize entry.
5) Done with the summer reading challenge but summer isn't over? Run the bases again! Complete the challenges again to get another grand prize raffle ticket.
*The final day to claim buttons and submit raffle entries is August 11 and prize winners will be drawn August 14!
For Adults - Choose from:
For Teens - Choose from:
For Kids: - Choose from:
JUST FOR KIDS: Reader of the Week
Each week, every kid who has passed home plate (and earned a raffle ticket) that week will have a chance to be the READER OF THE WEEK and win the following fabulous prizes:
Choose the correct map for your age group. Available in English and Spanish.
Summer Reading Start to Finish
CATCH the Summer Reading kick-off concert with Justin Roberts Thursday, June 8 at 6 p.m. at Way Park!
RUN, don't WALK to the library for the teen Summer Reading kickoff party on Thursday, June 8 at 3:30 p.m. on the library patio for t-shirt tie-dying, snacks and more!
JOIN THE TEAM for Library Day at the Dundas Dukes game on Sunday, June 18. Sparkles the Unicorn will throw out the first pitch!
CELEBRATE a full summer of reading with FREE ADMISSION to the Old Memorial Pool from 6-8:00p.m. on August 3rd!
Summer Concert Series
Also check out our summer concert series, presented by Northfield Public Library and Community Ed!
JUNE 14 - Salsa del Soul
JUNE 21 - Val Son
JUNE 28 - Roe Family Singers
JULY 5 - Mark Joseph
JULY 12 - Red Hot Django Peppers
JULY 19 - Patchouli and Terra Guitarry
JULY 26 - Kash and Khary
AUG 2 - Rich Lewis Band
All concerts are free, start at 6 p.m., and take place at Way Park.