Skip to Main Content

Link Services: Housing




Northfield Community Action Center (CAC)
1651 Jefferson Parkway
Northfield, MN 55057
(507) 664-3550

Emergency Housing
Two week shelter available for the homeless or persons experiencing
domestic violence. 

Transitional Housing:
Housing for up to two years. 

Permanent and Supportive Housing:  
Housing for homeless individuals managing a persistent mental illness
or disability. 

Ruth’s House 
1st Avenue SW
Faribault, MN 55021
(507) 332-2236
(507) 334-5043 (Outreach Office)

Transitional shelter and permanent supportive
housing for homeless women and children escaping abuse. 


City of Northfield Housing and Redevelopment (HRA)
801 Washington Street
​Norhfield, MN 55057
​(507) 645-3047

The Northfield HRA has several programs to assist the community with many of their housing needs. By utilizing federal, state, and local resources, we are able to provide the community with an array of opportunities.

Subsidized Housing in Rice County

Rice County Housing and Redevelopment Authority 
330 Third Street NW
Faribault, MN 55021
(507) 333-3787 or (507) 645-9576 (Northfield Number)

Rice County Housing and Redevelopment authority administers Section 8 housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program. The Housing Choice Voucher Program is designed to provide affordable, safe, decent and sanitary rental housing for low and moderate income families. 

Three Rivers Community Action Center
Faribault Town Square
201 South Lyndale Avenue
Faribault, MN 55021

(507) 316-0610 or (800) 277-8418 (toll free)
Rental and Home Ownership Programs
Rental housing, homes for sale, homebuyer assistance. 

Energy Assistance 
Helps low income households meet a portion of their home heating costs.

Assists low income households with reducing heating costs by installing insulation, air sealing, and performing a furnace clean and tune.

Xcel Energy
(800) 895-4999
If you are an Excel Energy client (natural gas and/or electricity) and meet the income guidelines you may be eligible for free/assistance programs.


Apartment listings for Faribault, Morristown, Lonsdale, and Northfield.

Rice County Mobile Home Parks


Cannon River Mobile Home Park
1503 Hulett Avenue
Faribault, MN 55021
(507) 332-7132

Evergreen Estates
415 Western Avenue SW
Faribault, MN 55021
(507) 332-8881

Knollwood Courts Mobile Home Park
1923 Grant Street
Faribault, MN 55021
(507) 334-5294

Millstone Creek
18451 Chester Court
Faribault, MN 55021

Sunrise Mobile Home Park
1155 Willow Street
Faribault, MN 55021
(507) 334-7786


Cedar Shores Mobile Home Park
23 Cedar Shores
Morristown, MN 55052
(507) 222-9142

Riverside Mobile Home Park
73 Charlotte Street
Morristown, MN 55052
(507) 685-2933



Florella’s Park
700 Highway 3 North
Northfield, MN 55057
(507) 645-7859

Viking Terrace Mobile Home Park
5 Viking Terrace
Northfield, MN 55057
(507) 645-7471

Rice County Habitat for Humanity
1313 S. Division Street
Northfield, MN 55057
(507) 323-5167

Builds homes for low-income families. 
Housing Problems

City of Northfield
Community Development Department

Building Inspector: (507) 645-3005
                               (507) 645-3036

If a renter has problems with the landlord not providing code-compliant housing conditions, or if a neighbor is failing to maintain a home, creating dangerous, unsanitary, or unsightly conditions in the neighborhood, or if a home-owner wishes to perform repairs/construction.

Rice County Planning and Zoning
(Environmental Health Unit)

Rice County Environmental Health Administrator:
(507) 332-6113

Some problems that a renter might have with a landlord might fall under Rice County Planning and Zoning rather than City of Northfield Community Development Building Inspection Codes. (Mold or roaches are classified as health problems whereas an improperly supported porch or improperly installed gas line would be referred to the Building Inspector above.)

All Park Alliance for Change (APAC)
2380 Wycliff St. #200
St. Paul, MN 55114
(651) 644-5525
1-(855) 361-2722 (toll free)
This is a community organizing group that works with residents in Manufactured Housing Parks.

Rice County Dispute Resolution Program
1651 Jefferson Parkway, Suite HS 125
Northfield, MN 55057
(507) 664-3522

Southern MN Regional Legal Services
(888) 575-2954
9:00 am - 3:00 pm

Communidades Latinas Unidades En Servicio (CLUES)
797 East 7th Street
St. Paul, MN 55106
(651) 379-4200

HOME Line Tenant Hotline
8011 34th Ave. S., Suite #126
Bloomington, MN 55425
English line: 612-728-5767
Spanish Line: 612-255-8870
Somali Line: 612-255-8860
Toll-free line for Greater Minnesota: 866-866-3546

Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm

Free advice over the phone. Organizing of tenants in subsidized housing under threat of landlord cancelation of participation in subsidy, limited legal representation, youth education about landlord-tenant issues and policy advocacy issues.